Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Resolution

I've never been good at New Year's resolutions. The one year I actually sat down and wrote them out, I lost the sheet I wrote them on and forgot what they all were. So this really isn't my thing. But, after I found out that I would have to miss the Avett Brothers show on New Year's Eve in Asheville, I figured I'd get a chance to see them again in 2011 and all would be well, and then I started to think even more - I live just a few hours away from cities like Birmingham, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville, Dallas, and Atlanta and most of my favorite bands frequently play in those cities. I also have friends in almost all of those cities that I don't see all too often and would like to see more. THEN I realized my class schedule was entirely Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday with no Monday or Friday classes so there would be plenty of opportunities to visit these cities to visit people and go to shows. So, for me, hopefully 2011 will be the year of the concert for me. This list will probably grow in length because these are all the people I can come up with offhand. In 2011, I want to see:

Jimmy Eat World (February 19, Oxford)
The Avett Brothers (April 16, Dallas)
Mumford & Sons
Old Crow Medicine Show
Yonder Mountain String Band
NEEDTOBREATHE
The Dirty Guv'nahs
Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors
Wild Sweet Orange

Again...this list isn't definitive, but I want to see as many concerts as possible this year. I've already got tickets to Jimmy Eat World and The Avett Brothers, so it'll be interesting to see how many of these work out.

Happy New Year
-chanchan

1 comment:

bhave said...

Dude Joey and I have been wanting to go to Dallas. Maybe we should make the jaunt for the Avett Brothers show. I'm sure our friends from there will be there too.