Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 22, 2011

OK, I'm giving up on the video game posts. This list is just kind of dumb and...well...I just feel like it's dumb. That's it.

It's May 22, 2011. The world was supposed to end yesterday, but it didn't. But it's interesting that I studied eschatology this semester (though I didn't understand it like...at all, and not only am I surprised I passed the class, I'm a little surprised I didn't get kicked out of school for heresy because...well...I had no idea what I was talking about on the final) and all this stuff went on. May 21, 2011. WE CAN KNOW. But it obviously didn't happen. Besides the words of Jesus in Matthew 24:36, where He says no one knows the day or the hour, some other things came to mind, most specifically the fact that Christ's second coming is going to be a joyous event. I pretty much reject the whole theology of the Left Behind series, but I can't exactly tell you why (yet), but Jesus Christ is definitely returning and when he does, it is going to be an incredible thing for believers. In fact I long for the day. But I don't believe that Jesus is coming in the next 5 seconds.

5...
4...
3...
2...
1...

OK, didn't happen. There are still unfulfilled prophecies, like the Antichrist and the gospel being proclaimed to all nations, among other things. God's not a liar, and if He said some things are going to happen, they're going to happen. This isn't as theologically sound as I wish it was, but one of my goals for the summer is to figure out where I stand on this and more importantly, why.

This hasn't been a complete thought or anything really. And hopefully I can revisit this after I've read up on it some more. These are just some thoughts I've had lately. But Christ is returning. And it's going to be a wonderful thing.

No comments: