Thursday, October 16, 2008

Playing guitar

I think that playing guitar is the single most frustrating thing I do.  I pick it up, and I have things, thoughts, and feelings that I want to express, but I can't seem to make the right things come out.  Maybe it's not necessarily the guitar that's the problem - I'm not great by any stretch but I'm decent.  I know my way around chords and can do some really basic riffs and stuff, but it's just that - it's just chords.  I can play chords and things that sound like music, but I can't make songs.  And I get frustrated with just playing those chords and playing other people's music.  It's frustrating.  Have I said the word frustrating enough?  I'm sitting here with my guitar by my side on the couch, with these thoughts.  Thoughts of love, fear, frustration, and an intense desire to run away.  And I just don't know what to do with them.  I know what I want to do with them, but I I just don't have the slightest idea.  

Oh well.

No comments: