Friday, January 15, 2010

The Mundane

I have come to the realization that my walk with Christ struggles more in the mundane times than it does in any other time. The last several months have really proven that for me.

When things are good, I find it easy to walk with Christ because I can be mindful of the good things going on and constantly be thankful. Take last summer for example. I had a job (or two) and a solid group of friends to hang out with pretty much all the time. Stuff was just generally pretty good, and my walk with Christ was solid. When things are bad, I find it makes way more sense to walk with Christ because I feel a need for him more. I feel the constant need to present things and be mindful of the fact that He has plans for me. I don't know, it's kind of hard to explain. But it's just like with a friend - when things are going well, you're just glad to be in their presence. When things are going bad, you know how badly you need them.

But when things are just kind of boring, I lose sight of it. I know I have a lot to look forward to, but I wish I could just jump ahead even just one week to be able to get into something. But when you're just kind of stuck somewhere with no real options, it gets rough.

So, yeah. This wasn't as insightful as I'd hoped it would be, but I'm just processing some stuff right now. I feel pretty confident that they will.

No comments: